Notes on 2010 (in no particular order) (no no i mean it the numbers don’t really count )
1. On the last morning, we spent too much time laughing ourselves to tears over the toe sock/fingerless glove situation.
2. On that first night I was all in black. Tulle tutu. Polka-dots. I don’t think we spoke. I think that was better.
3. Manic Pixie Nightmare
4. We toasted my psychiatrist on the roof and prescription refill day at the drag club.
5. Unrepentant Insomniacs
6. “Grey Girls” (on The CW) (of course of course) will follow the emotionally fraught lives of grad students/socialites who live in San Francisco. Or Brooklyn. “Songs from Grey Girls: Album 1” will be subtitled “Summer of Secrets, Summer of Sequins.”
7. Left To My Own Devices
8. I still show up on doorsteps, sometimes.
9. We had planned to stay in.
10. Excerpts from what may or may not have been a love letter
11. I left and walked through the half-dismantled remains of San Gennaro and thought this should feel good this should be empowering but it doesn’t and it isn’t.
12. Failure. You should try it sometime. Maybe.
13. Lucidity problem
14. Someone tried to lose these photographs.
15. Tangentially Yours
16. projects to be started projects to be finished
17. Let her take your hand again and teach you that in this new city, underground means in a loft where someone takes money at the door but never yours.
18. Whatever the mess you are, you’re mine [sic]. Okay?
19. The Girl Who Only Sometimes Said No
20. You are Chicago through and through and Florida is a no-place and that’s why we were the same way about things. This was, maybe, when we were both Northern California. This was before I became New York and you became Paris.
21. Let’s Give You Something To Talk To Your Therapist About
22. There is no on the one hand on the other. It is both hands. It is both/and. Always.
23. text yr face off
24. There is a stripper grinding on her and she shouts “I’m really serious about grad school” and I think maybe I cried a little.
25. The Mourning After
26. “I like your white hair,” she says. “I think it’s sexy.” He laughs and shakes his head. A moment later. “I like your white hair,” I say. “It reminds me of my dad.”
27. We were lucky with our bruises and paper cuts.
28. You like honeymoon me I like drunk you.
29. You would always let me in no matter what I had done. It was like being a teenager again when the window was always left open and I would climb in and tell her about my adventures. Only I wouldn’t tell you about my adventures because they were sad and that was why I was coming to you, but it was still like being a teenager.
30. Pandora’s Dress-Up Box
31. This is real this is your life I told him. Say it out loud.
33. We’ve been electric forever. You said I can’t believe it. I can and you know it.
34. site to site and pool to pool tonight
35. Train of Shame
36. I am drunk and confused about what I am doing with my life so I left and (long story short) climbed into bed with the wrong you.
37. We make an exchange: The Jelly Bean Beheadings and a Slide Show Mix Tape for Nancy Drew and the Secret of Stop Lights. This is a trust exercise and everyone wins.
38. Muppet Pelt
39. One morning, the card inside was blank.
40. Twirling Song Girls’ Club
41. I buy your coffee. You buy my croissant
42. But then you swore that discovering me was too much to fit into small time and that I didn’t seem to want to discover you and I don’t know about the first part but oh oh how wrong you were about the rest.
43. Tinker Bell Complex
44. There are those who understand pillow forts and those who do not. This is not a judgment. This is a fact.
45. The Little Mermaid (SPOILER) turns into sea foam.
46. Pour a little salt; we were never here.
47. Without question